“GUNE” Agri Techno Park is the central hub of all next generation agriculture activities of DIMO Agribusinesses, situated in the Central Province of Matale District. The DIMO Agri Techno Park promotes and enhances the network of innovation in agriculture practices, education, technology and research and facilitates knowledge transfer by acting as a coordinating hub to bring together expertise from established institutions and organizations in the areas of plant production, agribusiness, and technology development.
Creating another historic milestone, the luxury chalets were officially opened by Mr Ranjith Pandithage on 29th September 2020. Mrs Jeevani Pandithage, Mr & Mrs Gahanath Pandithage, Priyanga Dematawa, Directors and GMC members, Agri Businesses’ Team, Plantchem and Plantseeds Teams & members of several support services were also present at this event.
DIMO intends to enter Agro Tourism initially through this facility to cater to the growing demand for agriculture-based holiday experience. Visitors have the opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge and experience on how an Agri park functions while staying in luxury chalets located inside the modern Agro Techno (ATP). Dambulla Oya river runs around part of the perimeter of the Agri Park.
The completed Agri Techno Park will drive DIMO Agribusinesses’ vision to be the most trusted and responsible truly Sri Lankan name in the food and agriculture sector leading the way in improving quality of life, health and wealth of the nation. This facility will commit to fulfil the company’s purpose by fuelling dreams & aspirations through innovative Agri-technology and responsible next generation agriculture.
The chalets built inside the Techno Park will soon be available for reservation. Services provided by the ATP are as follows.
* Conducting vegetable seed trials (local/imported, open pollinated/hybrid), fertilizer, crop care & other related agriculture trials
* Hybrid & Open Pollinated vegetable seed production
* Paddy Basic Seed Production
* High tech farming model with Green Houses and Micro irrigation systems
* Vegetable Seed techno centre
* Planting materials of vegetable and fruit plants registered under Department of Agriculture
* Knowledge sharing Centre for farmers, students and related parties
* Proposed Agriculture training centre
* Fruit Orchard
The DIMO ATP is to be developed as a state-of-the-art agricultural technology park where anyone interested in the field of agriculture can visit and learn the different kinds of studies and improvements done in the sector.